Sunday 18 January 2009

Revenge Is So Very Very Sweet!

I hope you'll forgive me for being a little self-indulgent and talking, once again, about my team. I do apologise, but I haven't had many opportunities to wax lyrical about them this season!
Unfortunately life has proved quite tough in the old 3rd division this season and although we have played some very good football for the most part, things just haven't gone our way. However, those of us who kept the faith, knowing that someone was due a thumping from us at some point, were greatly rewarded yesturday (Saturday).
Everything just clicked, it was magnificent. Every time we went forward, we looked like scoring! In the end, a first half hat-trick from Steve Guinan and a brace from Lionel Ainsworth, meant that we came away 5-0 winners, but it could easily have been 7 or8! All this, against a team who were sitting in 3rd place at the start of the day, pushing hard for an automatic promotion place. I'm sure it made a few teams sit up and take notice.
The reason that this win was extra special is that back in October, Hereford travelled up to Boundary Park, home of Oldham Athletic, and were soundly beaten 4-0. I think it's fair to say then, that we paid them back, with a bit of interest!
Now you can say all you like about swallows and summers, believe me, I already have. But for the time being, let's just enjoy what was an amazing result to a fantastic game of football! I know I certainly will!

No comments: